Name of Schemes - Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
Scheme Category – Housing
Scheme Description - Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is an initiative by Government of India in which affordable housing will be provided to the urban poor with a target of building 20 million affordable houses by 31 March 2022
The following individuals and families are eligible for this scheme:
- 1) Economically Weaker Section (EWS) – Families with an annual income up to Rs. 3 Lakh.
- 2) Low Income Group (LIG) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 3 Lakh and Rs. 6 Lakh.
- 3) Middle Income Group I (MIG I) – Families within an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakhs.
- 4) Middle Income Group II (MIG II) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakhs.
- 5) Women belonging to EWS and LIG categories.
- 6) Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Class (OBC).
[Note: In addition to the above, beneficiaries can avail the benefits of this scheme by meeting the following few eligibility criteria –He/she must not own a house to fulfil the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility.
The individual must also not avail the benefits of any other housing scheme by the State or Central Government.]
Procedure to apply for the scheme:
- How to Apply?
- Follow these steps to avail the benefits of PMAY
- 1) How to apply for this PMAY Scheme?
- 2) Beneficiaries can apply for PMAY through the following:
- A. Online
- Individuals can visit the official website of the scheme to apply online. They need to have a valid Aadhaar Card to apply.
- B. Offline
- Beneficiaries can apply for the scheme offline by filling up a form available through Common Service Centre (CSC). Price of these forms is Rs. 25 + GST.
- [Note : Beneficiaries here refers to : A beneficiary family will comprise of husband, wife, unmarried sons and/or unmarried daughters.An adult earning member (irrespective of marital status) can be treated as a separate household]
Important Facts to know about PMAY:
- 1) Those eligible for the scheme can check their name in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list by following these few steps.
- 2) Step 1: Visit the official website.
- 3) Step 2: Click “Search Beneficiary”.
- 4) Step 3: Enter the Aadhaar number.
- 5) Step 4: Click “Show”.
Compiled and Edited by Lead Optimist(PFA) - Shilpa
Disclmer - We have created this article basse on officiaI circulars and clarifications from officials. However the scheme related details are subjecte to change and we do not guarantee any promoises. All the information in this article in intended for informational purpose only an greating awareness among citizens