Name of Schemes - Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
Scheme Category – Housing
Scheme Description - Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is an initiative by Government of India in which affordable housing will be provided to the urban poor with a target of building 20 million affordable houses by 31 March 2022
The following individuals and families are eligible for this scheme:
- 1) Economically Weaker Section (EWS) – Families with an annual income up to Rs. 3 Lakh.
- 2) Low Income Group (LIG) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 3 Lakh and Rs. 6 Lakh.
- 3) Middle Income Group I (MIG I) – Families within an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakhs.
- 4) Middle Income Group II (MIG II) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakhs.
- 5) Women belonging to EWS and LIG categories.
- 6) Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Class (OBC).
[Note: In addition to the above, beneficiaries can avail the benefits of this scheme by meeting the following few eligibility criteria –He/she must not own a house to fulfil the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility.
The individual must also not avail the benefits of any other housing scheme by the State or Central Government.]
Procedure to apply for the scheme:
- How to Apply?
- Follow these steps to avail the benefits of PMAY
- 1) How to apply for this PMAY Scheme?
- 2) Beneficiaries can apply for PMAY through the following:
- A. Online
- Individuals can visit the official website of the scheme to apply online. They need to have a valid Aadhaar Card to apply.
- B. Offline
- Beneficiaries can apply for the scheme offline by filling up a form available through Common Service Centre (CSC). Price of these forms is Rs. 25 + GST.
- [Note : Beneficiaries here refers to : A beneficiary family will comprise of husband, wife, unmarried sons and/or unmarried daughters.An adult earning member (irrespective of marital status) can be treated as a separate household]
Important Facts to know about PMAY:
- 1) Those eligible for the scheme can check their name in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list by following these few steps.
- 2) Step 1: Visit the official website.
- 3) Step 2: Click “Search Beneficiary”.
- 4) Step 3: Enter the Aadhaar number.
- 5) Step 4: Click “Show”.
Compiled and Edited by Lead Optimist(PFA) - Shilpa